Welp, here we go.
In advance I am going to apologize for bad spelling, punctuation and grammar. My lovely mom, Barb, raised me far better, however I’d rather just write what and how I’m thinking to make this more realistic. (Have you ever seen that Seinfeld episode with Elaine??) What I will not apologize for EVER are the bad puns/dad jokes/or stupid moments I share throughout this journey. This is meant to be my training log for my personal running journey and growing Momentum.
Blog Back story: For a couple of months (okay, maybe longer), some friends/family/clients (really all synonymous as this point) have been asking me to create a blog. I’m not claiming to be an expert, however I do have a lot of educational, personal, professional and emotional ties to running. After all, I quit my “real job” to become a full time running coach.
My responses to commencing a blog were initially:
“Yeah right, I have nothing to really talk about.” -False – we all know I can talk about pretty much anything and usually its happening when we are running together and you can’t get any words out and it’s my job to distract you to forget the pain, blisters, chafing, aching IT band, etc.
“Who would even read it?” –Well, you’ve proven me wrong by making it this far!
“What if I give incorrect information or I say something stupid?” –Once again, this is where you all come in. I ask – nope – I BEG – you to challenge what I write and ask for the proof or open up a friendly discussion. You are not the only one that has the same question or you may bring on a new million dollar idea! (Hey – I’ll split the profit with you 90/10). I’d love for this to turn into more of a community. I am a Running Coach but I’m not an expert (though I stayed at a holiday in last weekend).
“This would involve actually sharing some emotion.” –Well suck it up Nicole, that’s 90% of what running is. And the other 10% is thinking about it. It’s quite vulnerable to share your experiences and thoughts online and exposed. So if you don’t like what I’m writing, then just send me a rotten tomato in the mail and include a well detailed list
So what is this blog going to entail?
- Inspiration for current/past runners of every that I have worked with.
- Helpful tips for improving your running. I hope you can see my love and dedication for running.
- Personal running stories as I train to Boston Qualify and complete my first Ultra Distance.
- Stories to remind us all WHY we run when we experience the aforementioned pain, blisters, chafing, aching IT bands, etc.
- The scoop on poop. Yup. I’m sorry, but runners love to talk about this. However, it really is a big issue that comes up and plagues many runners. I will try to promise that it will not be TOO graphic and more informative!
- Perhaps in the future, this will serve as a platform to try out new running gear, swag, etc.
Shout outs for some exciting things happening:
- Angie ran her longest run ever: 15 miles AND on her way towards her first marathon!
- A dear sorority sister of mine sent me this text: “I JUST RAN A 13 MINUTE MILE! AT 4.6!!! Okay – I jogged… But I didn’t stop!! I’ve NEVER DONE THAT! [insert tons of smileys] I’ve never even run a mile!!” What an honor that she shared this with me!
- My Cross Country season at Dominican HS has started! I can’t WAIT for this season <3
- My God-son, Dominic, started Kindergarten yesterday! What a cutie 🙂