Nicole Gainacopulos is the owner and founder of Momentum of Milwaukee & RunMomentumMKE, marathon runner and coach, human and dog mom, previous high school head Cross Country Coach, Pace Team organizer, and your go-to resource for running health. Momentum or Milwaukee was founded in 2012 when Nicole realized the need for a top notch running coach in Milwaukee and online. Always being an avid runner, Nicole ran and completed her first marathon in 2010. When returning home with sore legs, she wrote “The 10 reasons why I will never run another marathon.” A short time later Nicole realized that 9 of the rules were easy and simple fixes. (#10 was “26.2 is way too long.” That one unfortunately can’t be fixed…) Nicole now has 23 marathons under her belt.
Taking the knowledge while studying Exercise Physiology at Marquette University, Nicole crafted her very first running program. Applying knowledge of proper nutrition for before, during, and after runs along with experiences from running experts, Nicole developed a program that added the benefit of strength and conditioning. Each Marathon Nicole has run since, she has successfully improved her time, experience, and attitude. As she still consistently trains for marathons, Nicole is learning more and more each race and wants to coach you and fulfill your marathon and personal running dreams.
Nicole graduated from Marquette University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology in 2010 and worked in Corporate Wellness & Fitness for 3 years before founding Momentum. She now specializes in online training programs for runners of all ability levels. Nicole loves working with beginner runners as well as dedicated runners looking to focus on their goals, whatever they may be!
Nicole continues to travel around the country to several coaching and running camps to combine aspects from each coaching style to custom prepare her runners so that she can meet them at the finish line. Nicole believes that each runner’s needs are completely unique, and their plan should mirror that. Don’t follow a basic and generic plan, let Nicole custom tailor your race!
Nicole & her husband Nikos met as running buddies and have continued to train and travel for races together. Unfortunately Nikos has gotten too fast for Nicole to catch up to anymore (she shouldn’t have given him so much running advice…) but they still enjoy getting runs in together. Nicole has 2 young kids and has been learning how to try to balance post-partum healing, marathon training, babysitters, and work with the 2 young ones. (hint: every time she think she gets it figured out, it changes).
Personal Running Accomplishments
- Completed Marathons and Ultra Marathons: 24
- Some of favorites include: Pikes Peak Marathon, Disney World Marathon, Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon, Hurley Wisconsin’s Paavo Nurmi Marathon, Chicago Marathon, Green Bay Marathon, Madison – Chicago Ragnar Relay – Ultra Participant, Las Vegas Rock n Roll Series, Milwaukee Running Festival, tBunk 50k, Grandma’s Marathon
- Over 100 completed Half Marathons
- Marquette University – Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee – Certificate of Essentials of HR Management
- RRCA, Certified Coach Level I & II
- WCCCA, Wisconsin Cross Country Coaches Association Member
- NSCA-CSCS, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- ACE-CPT, Certified Personal Trainer
- Introduction to Nutrition Coaching – Precision Nutrition
- Certified Zumba Instructor
- Certified Group Exercise Instructor